Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rainfall.

It’s been a while since I’ve done any real blogging. And I’m not sure why. Compared to this time last year, I’ve certainly journaled more than ever.

I’m sitting by the window, looking out across the meadow as I type this. Yesterday was sunny and warm around the edges, but today is overcast and drizzly. And still, it’s all so beautiful. So big, so open. So wet.

Leaves are beginning to show. If I squint carefully at the bare trees in the far, far distance, I can see a distinctly greenish haze around them. And soon, the flowers will bloom.

I love to walk through the rain with my head tilted up towards the sky. There’s something about staring into an incomprehensibly deep sky (whether it’s blue or black or white or grey) and feeling the rain fall across your face. It doesn’t have to be warm and gentle. Not always.

Rain is magnificent. It’s rushing and sweeping and blinding and cooling and cleansing and altogether wonderful. I want to run through it. I want it to clean the world and usher in all the changes that are waiting just around the corner. I want to imprint it all into my memory. I want it to fall and keep falling until everything is green and bright again.

Dear Today,
You are beautiful.
The Lord made you;
I will rejoice and be glad!
Love, Jenn

9 comments:

Rick said...

This is awesome! I am glad I found your link.

Andrew said...

never thought rain could sound pretty, lol ;-)

Lynn Joshua said...

This is really beautiful, Jenn!

Katherine said...

People want to find their God in big events and magnifence things but finding God in the little stuff is how that relationship is built. Thank-you for teaching us.

Anonymous said...

i hate rain! any way youo look at it, bottom line, i hate it.

Gregg A. said...

Thanks, Jen. My son (who is an aspireing writer) would enjoy reading your blog.I will pass the link along to him. God bless!

Anonymous said...

hmm...this goes to anonymous1 who hates rain...

i love those who love rain...but this doesn't mean that i hate you.

Anonymous said...

i hate it to

Malachi said...

What a beautiful picture you have painted, Jen!