Monday, September 21, 2009

Direct My Heart

“Grant, O Lord my God, that I may never fall away in success or in failure; that I may not be prideful in prosperity, nor dejected in adversity.

“Let me rejoice only in what unites us, and sorrow only in what separates us. May I strive to please no one or fear to displease anyone except Yourself.

“May I seek always the things that are eternal and never those that are temporal. May I shun any joy that is without You, and never seek any that is beside You.

“O Lord, may I delight in any work I do for You and tire of any rest that is apart from You. My God, let me direct my heart towards You, and in my failings, always repent with a purpose of amendment.”

- St. Thomas Aquinas -

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aquinas is awesome.

Randy said...

Luther is better. ;)

Randy said...

Or strike that, maybe I meant Augustine.