Thursday, October 8, 2009

Finally Home.

I love piano music. I always have. Not piano music enhanced by strings or brass or percussion, necessarily. Just piano music.

When I sit down to write each day, I'll automatically flip through my iTunes player, in search of a few good songs to put in a playlist. When I've selected them, I'll put the playlist on repeat and get to work. Some music is just really conducive to writing. Some music? Not so much.

There's a new song on iTunes that I'm really excited about. You probably haven't heard of the artist (this is about to change) but his music is excellent. The artist's name is Theo MacMillan. The song? Finally Home.

Raw talent is a rare thing to come by these days. I'm not kidding when I say that it takes a while to sell me on new music. But true talent? I notice. I fell in love with Finally Home for that very reason. (In fact, I've had it on repeat for the past hour that I've been writing.) The guy's got talent.

Finally Home is a simple, yet complex, piano ballad. Soft and reflective at times -- dramatic and sweeping at others. It has a clean and meditative quality -- and while it's sober in places, it's also incredibly fun. Just when you think you can predict the next twist, it rolls in a completely different direction.

If a song is worth a thousand words (and this one is -- at least) it must also be worth listening to. But don't just take my word for it. Visit your iTunes store and look up Finally Home by Theo MacMillan. You won't regret it.

2 comments:

Randy said...

I'll have to check this out. Thanks! Always looking for new recommendations.

Sherri said...

Okay, I'll listen to it. I like [most] piano music.