Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lover of My Soul.

My God is the God who never changes.

The God who is enough.

The God who loves me despite my shortcomings and sins.

The God who knows me intimately.

The God who is always eager to hear me speak.

The God who listens.

The God who never walks away.

The God who knows what I mean, even when my words come out all wrong.

The God who is jealous of me -- my love, my affections, my pursuits.

The God who never chases after other loves.

The God who is never asleep.

The God who I can be honest with.

The God who forgives, even when my apology is garbled and imperfect.

The God who gave His life for me, even while I was still His enemy. 

This is my Father and Friend -- the Lover of my Soul!

4 comments:

Randy said...

Vry encouraging. Keep pressing in and pressing on for our Savior!

Sherri said...

Sounds like someone's going through a rough time.

Anonymous said...

This is a good list.

Justin Scott said...

Good stuff to meditate on. Thanks, Jenn!