Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Broken.


Are you like me?  I often make impulsive decisions, based on emotions and the people around me.  Earlier today, I was thinking of that verse from the end of Galatians that says, "Each one should test his own actions. Then he can take pride in himself without comparing himself to somebody else, for each one should carry his own load."

I haven't always done that this year.  I've inflicted hurt on myself and others because because I failed to test my own actions.  Failed to carry my own load.  (In fact, often, I carried someone else's unnecessarily.)  It's left me broken.  But I suppose brokenness is a good place for new beginnings....

7 comments:

bondChristian said...

Yeah, brokenness is one of those things no one should go out and pursue. God's faithful to give it out freely... and in large quantities as needed.

Great verse by the way (you know, not like all those other verses, right?)

-Marshall Jones Jr.

Jason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason said...

Aww, Jenn. This is sad. Anything you need to talk about? I'm always here.

Best,
JB

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jenn Joshua said...

Thanks, you guys!

God bless.

Nick said...

Brokenness = new beginnings. For a believer, yes!

Jenn Joshua said...

Nick, that's so true! Thanks for the reminder -- we really can face brokenness with so much hope.