Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Kenya.

So....I'm going to Kenya!!  I'm really going!!  If all runs according to plan, I'll leave in mid-February -- and not come back until the end of April.  I've been hesitant to blog about it before because there was a lot going on and I never felt a full release to go until Christmas.  The day after Christmas confirmed it even more.

It's a long story that began on Valentine's Day of this year -- when God first showed me the door and whispered to me about the possibility of opening it.  And now, I'm really going!  I got things finalized with my passport today and now the fun begins!  ....The whole trusting God that He'll make my paths straight thing.  You know, the fund raising.  He's faithful, though.  I'm not worried.  He's brought me this far already.

I'm going to work on writing another book while I'm there too.  I know I'm going to learn so much.

I'm kind of really, incredibly excited....

Kenya!!!!

6 comments:

Andrew said...

That's so awesome! Keep us updated. What part of Kenya is it?

Scott said...

Wow - Africa really? Yeah, you'll definitely have some neat stories when you get back. God bless your plans!

Katherine said...

Yes definitely keep us updated. Will you be able to blog while you're there?

Jenn Joshua said...

Andrew,

The name of the town is Kinangop. Apparently, it's significantly elevated and malaria is no longer a real threat there. (Shew!)

:-)

Jenn Joshua said...

Thanks, Scott!

Katherine,

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to blog while I'm there (though probably not as often). I'm so excited!

bondChristian said...

When I heard about Kenya, I was like, "Wait, what did I miss? Jenn's going to Kenya?"

Glad I'm not the only one who had no idea. :>) Congratulations again... and yes, I'm definitely looking forward to post from significantly elevated Kinangop.

-Marshall Jones Jr.