Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Makin' a List, Checkin' it Twice


I don't think it's too early to make a list of New Year's resolutions.  I know there's a lot of hype surrounding these lists, which easily warrants the just-tone-it-down-already-would-you comments: ("Oh, you're going to discourage yourself; just do the best you can.").  But I don't buy any of it.  I've always been a big goal-setter and contract-writer.  Many of these said contracts have come close to saving my life.  (Well, slight exaggeration, maybe.  But hey....)

Is it only the choleric perfectionist who falls for these lists?  Perhaps.  (Or maybe it's a sweeping generalization and all the naysayers (i.e., phlegmatics) should come apologize.  Handwritten notes, please.)

I know I tend towards extreme perfectionism in all things--except for the organization of my bedroom.  I refuse to even think about the best way to store my bountiful collection of clothing.  And shoes.  And books.  In fact, my messy room is probably the one area of my life I'm not quite ready to become obsessive-compulsive about.  But I know that this coming year, I must, because ignored conviction is a dangerous thing.  (It's at this point I begin playing, "Painting Pictures of Egypt" by Sara Groves.  Listen to it.  You'll understand.)

So, for now, I have two items on my Resolutions List:

1. Clean my room.
2. Keep it clean.

Sounds like 2010 is going to be a good year.


7 comments:

Malachi said...

Bahahaaa! ur funny.

Chris said...

Yeah, it's too early to make New Year's Resolutions because if you're convicted now that means you have to start now. If you put it off until 2010, you're ignoring conviction, LOL.

Anonymous said...

LOL @ Chris. So true!! It's good to start thinking about it tho.

Committed said...

What's the significance of April 28, 2010? That's when your poll thingy ends.

Andrew said...

LOL @ Committed. I was wondering the same thing.

Jenn Joshua said...

Committed (and Andrew),

There is no real significance to April 28, 2010. I merely love things in divisions of four. It seemed like a good date.

:-)
Jenn

Anonymous said...

LOL, no mreally tell us.