Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas.

I remember this day a year ago.  I sat in almost the same spot, looking at the tree and at the wrapping paper strewn across the floor.  As I sat there, I remembered how quickly a year could come and go and wondered what I'd be thinking as I sat in the same place a year from then.  Well, now I know.  It's not what I expected to be thinking -- and I'm not who I expected I would be -- but the Lord is gracious.  And I am thankful.

A year has changed me.  How has this year changed you?  For the better?  Worse?  Are you more confused now than you were last year at this time?  Have you grown in your relationship with Christ?  Do you have a better understanding of the fruits of Spirit and how they apply in your life?  There's so much to learn and so little time in which to exercise it.  A year is gone so quickly.

This is my favorite passage to ponder at Christmastime.  From 1 Timothy 3:16.

"Beyond all question, 
the mystery of godliness is great:
   He appeared in a body,
      was vindicated by the Spirit,
   was seen by angels,
      was preached among the nations,
   was believed on in the world,
      was taken up in glory."


In a nutshell, this is why we celebrate.  Have a very Merry Christmas, you guys.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Jenn! I like the verse from Timothy; its such a neat summary. Merry Christmas!

RL said...

Merry Christmas!

Sherri said...

Merry Christmas, Jenn!